- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup chocolate chips ( I used half white half semi-sweet
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well. Add combined flour, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt; mix well. Stir in oats and chocolate chipes, mix well.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, until cookies are almost set. Cool 1 minute on cookies sheets, then move to wire racks. .